I moved to Utrecht: new website.
I was a PhD student under supervision of Ben Moonen. My main interest lies in algebraic geometry and algebraic number theory. I was funded by NWO project 613.001.207 (Arithmetic and motivic aspects of the Kuga–Satake construction).
Current research topics include: Hodge theory, Galois representations, motives, Mumford–Tate conjecture, periods.
On Friday, the 7th of July, 2017, I defended my PhD thesis.
The Mumford–Tate Conjecture for the Product of an Abelian Surface and a K3 Surface.
Documenta Math. 21 (2016) 1691–1713.
On compatibility of the ℓ-adic realisations of an abelian motive.
- 27 Jul 2017
AVGA conference (Poznań) —
On compatibility of the ℓ-adic realisations of abelian motives.
- 30 Jun 2017
- Freiburg — The Mumford–Tate conjecture for products of K3 surfaces.
- 14 Jun 2017
- SCA seminar (Jussieu) — On compatibility of the ℓ-adic realisations of abelian motives.
- 28 Apr 2017
- SGA seminar (Heidelberg) — The Mumford–Tate conjecture for products of K3 surfaces.
- 26 Apr 2017
- SFB seminar (Mainz) — The Mumford–Tate conjecture for products of K3 surfaces.
Seminars that I organised (or co-organised).
As teaching assistant in Nijmegen:
As teaching assistant in Leiden:
- 10 Apr 2017
- Seminar on Perverse Sheaves — The decomposition theorem. Notes
- 15 Dec 2016
- PhD colloquium — Chebotarev's density theorem.
- 7 Dec 2016
- Crystalline seminar (Amsterdam, UvA) — Comparing infinitesimal cohomology with de Rham cohomology I. Notes
- 13 Oct 2016
- PhD colloquium — Introduction to abelian varieties and the Mumford--Tate conjecture. Notes
- 19 Jan 2016
- Faltings seminar — p-divisible groups. Notes
- 30 Nov 2015
- PhD colloquium — Periods (and why the fundamental theorem of calculus conjecturely is a fundamental theorem). Notes
- 26 Nov 2015
- Diamant symposium — On the Mumford–Tate conjecture for the product of an abelian surface and a K3 surface. Slides
- 24 Nov 2015
- Faltings seminar — Gabber's lemma. Notes
- 27 Oct 2015
- GQT School — On the Mumford–Tate conjecture for surfaces with p_g = q = 2. Notes
- 27 May 2015
- Mixed Homotopy Theory — Motivic cohomology. Notes
- 6 May 2015
- Mixed Homotopy Theory — Smooth and étale morphisms. Notes
- 15 Apr 2015
- Mixed Homotopy Theory — Intro to schemes and their basic properties. Notes
- 11 Dec 2014
- Local Langlands seminar — Weil–Deligne representations. Notes
- 13 Nov 2014
- Local Langlands seminar — Functional equation for GL2 and cuspidal local constants. Notes
- 23 Oct 2014
- Abelian Varieties — Finite group schemes. Notes
- 3 Mar 2014
- PhD colloquium (RU) — What is a motive? Notes
- 3 Dec 2013
- Seminar on Étale Cohomology — Étale cohomology of fields. Notes
- 16 Jul 2013
- Master's thesis defense — Algebraic cycles, Chow motives, and L-functions
- 18 Mar 2013
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — Good reduction. Notes
- 11 Feb 2013
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — Projective and noetherian schemes.
- 26 Apr 2012
- Commutative Algebra seminar — Derivations and Differentials. Notes
- 26 Mar 2012
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — The structure of [N] II. Notes
- 19 Mar 2012
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — The structure of [N] I. Notes
My PhD thesis: On ℓ-adic compatibility for abelian motives & the Mumford–Tate conjecture for products of K3 surfaces [Erratum]. Completed in the summer of 2017 under the supervision of Ben Moonen.
I wrote my master's thesis, titled Algebraic cycles, Chow motives, and L-functions, in the spring of 2013 under the supervision of Robin de Jong.
I wrote my bachelor's thesis, titled Tannaka Duality for Finite Groups, in the spring of 2011 under the supervision of Lenny Taelman.
- Superficie algebriche. (Together with Pieter Belmans.) le superficie algebriche is a tool for studying numerical invariants of minimal algebraic surfaces over the complex numbers. We implemented it in order to better understand the Enriques–Kodaira classification, and to showcase how mathematics can be visualised on the web. (A local clone with a more advanced UI.)
- Sloganerator. Together with Pieter Belmans I wrote a web-app that makes it easy to suggest slogans for tags (results) in the Stacks Project.