I am a PhD student under supervision of Ben Moonen. My main interest lies in algebraic geometry and algebraic number theory. I am funded by NWO project 613.001.207 (Arithmetic and motivic aspects of the Kuga–Satake construction).
Current research topics include: Hodge theory, Galois representations, motives, Mumford–Tate conjecture, periods.
Seminars that I organised (or co-organised).
As teaching assistant in Nijmegen:
As teaching assistant in Leiden:
- 30 Nov 2015
- PhD colloquium — Periods (and why the fundamental theorem of calculus conjecturely is a fundamental theorem).
- 26 Nov 2015
- Diamant symposium — On the Mumford–Tate conjecture for the product of an abelian surface and a K3 surface. Slides
- 24 Nov 2015
- Faltings seminar — Gabber's lemma. Notes
- 27 Oct 2015
- GQT School — On the Mumford–Tate conjecture for surfaces with p_g = q = 2. Notes
- 27 May 2015
- Mixed Homotopy Theory — Motivic cohomology. Notes
- 6 May 2015
- Mixed Homotopy Theory — Smooth and étale morphisms. Notes
- 15 Apr 2015
- Mixed Homotopy Theory — Intro to schemes and their basic properties. Notes
- 11 Dec 2014
- Local Langlands seminar — Weil–Deligne representations. Notes
- 13 Nov 2014
- Local Langlands seminar — Functional equation for GL2 and cuspidal local constants. Notes
- 23 Oct 2014
- Abelian Varieties — Finite group schemes. Notes
- 3 Mar 2014
- PhD colloquium (RU) — What is a motive? Notes
- 3 Dec 2013
- Seminar on Étale Cohomology — Étale cohomology of fields. Notes
- 16 Jul 2013
- Master's thesis defense — Algebraic cycles, Chow motives, and L-functions
- 18 Mar 2013
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — Good reduction. Notes
- 11 Feb 2013
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — Projective and noetherian schemes.
- 26 Apr 2012
- Commutative Algebra seminar — Derivations and Differentials. Notes
- 26 Mar 2012
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — The structure of [N] II. Notes
- 19 Mar 2012
- Topics in Algebraic Geometry — The structure of [N] I. Notes
I wrote my master's thesis, titled Algebraic cycles, Chow motives, and L-functions, in the spring of 2013 under the supervision of Robin de Jong.
I wrote my bachelor's thesis, titled Tannaka Duality for Finite Groups, in the spring of 2011 under the supervision of Lenny Taelman.
- Superficie algebriche. (Together with Pieter Belmans.) le superficie algebriche is a tool for studying numerical invariants of minimal algebraic surfaces over the complex numbers. We implemented it in order to better understand the Enriques–Kodaira classification, and to showcase how mathematics can be visualised on the web.
- Sloganerator. Together with Pieter Belmans I wrote a web-app that makes it easy to suggest slogans for tags (results) in the Stacks Project.