My main page has moved to the LIAFA
Visiting address: Huygens building, Room HG03.064
Heyendaalseweg 135, 6525 AJ Nijmegen, NL
Postal address: P.O. Box 9010, 6500 GL Nijmegen, NL
+31 24 365 3220 (office), +31 24 3652140 (fax)
Onderzoeksschool Logica - New webpages
Topology, Algebra, and Categories in Logic (TACL 2011), 25-30 July, Marseille
36th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS 2011), 22-26 August 2011, Warsaw
Ordered Groups and Lattices in Algebraic Logic, 20-23 September 2011, Tbilisi
Concept Lattices and their Applications, 17-21 October 2011, Nancy
- Duality and recognition, Invited paper for MFCS 2011. To be published in Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6907.
- Generalised Kripke semantics for the Lambek-Grishin calculus, with Anna Chernilovskaya and Lorijn van Rooijen, submitted to the Logic Journal of the IGPL.
- Delta1-completions of a poset, with Ramon Jansana and Alessandra Palmigiano, submitted to Order.
- Canonical extension and canonicity via DCPO presentations, with Jacob Vosmaer, Journal of Theoretical Computer Science 412 (25), 2714-2723, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.tcs.2010.12.032.
- Finitely generated free Heyting algebras via Birkhoff duality and coalgebra, with Nick Bezhanishvili, to appear in Logical Methods in Computer Science. http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.2828
- A topological approach to recognition, with Serge Grigorieff and Jean-Eric Pin, Samson Abramsky et al. (Eds.): Automata, Languages and Programming, 37th International Colloquium (ICALP 2010), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6199(2), Springer 2010,151-162.
- Canonical extensions for congruential logics with the deduction theorem, with Ramon Jansana and Alessandra Palmigiano, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 161 (2010), 1502-1519.
- Distributive lattice-structured ontologies, with Hans Bruun and Dion Coumans, In A. Kurz et al.(Eds.): Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2009), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5728 (2009), 267–283.
- Stone Duality and the Recognisable Languages over an Algebra, in Kurz et al. (Eds.): Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2009) Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5728 (2009), 236–250.
Candida Palma (dissertation)
Lorijn van Rooijen (paper with Anna Cherlinovskaya)
Mirte Dekkers (thesis)
Hanne Kause (thesis)
Ruud van der Weide (thesis)
Abel Planting (thesis)
Bram Westerbaan (thesis)
Recent outreach activities:
Minicourse for high school students on the Place Value System and barcodes
Pictures of my kids.
My inaugural speech on duality
TANCLÕ07 – Algebraic and Topological Methods in Non-Classical Logics III and its associated workshops,
Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra – Lecture on Canonical extensions, duality theory, and Formal Concept Analysis, November 2-4, 2007, TU Darmstadt, Germany.
Second Indian Winter School on Logic – Course on Algebraic Logic, January 14-26, 2008, IIT Kanpur, India.
LINZ 2008, Foundations of Lattice-Valued Mathematics with Applications to Algebra and Topology – Lecture, 12-16 February, 2008, Linz, Austria.
DIAMANT/EIDMA Symposium – Lecture, 29-30 May, 2008, Leiden, the Netherlands.
ManyVal'08, Applications of topological dualities to measure theory in algebraic many-valued logic – Lecture, May 19-21, 2008, Milano, Italy.
E.W.Beth Centenary Minisymposium on Mathematical Logic, 5th European Congress of Mathematics (5ECM), Lecture: Duality theory as a Rosetta Stone for relational semantics, July 15, Amsterdam, Netherland.
Visiting Professorship, PPS, Universitˇ de Paris Diderot – Paris 7, July 2008.
BLAST 2008, Lecture: Duality for MV-algebras, 6-10 August, 2008, Boulder, Colorado.
Sheaves in Geometry and Quantum Theory, a three-day workshop on the interplay between logic, topology/geometry and quantum theory, 3-5 September 2008.
AiML 2008, Advances in Modal Logic, Lecture: Using duality theory to export methods from modal logic, 9-12 September, Nancy, France.
Workshop on Algebraic Logic ICLA 2009, Program Committee, January 7-11 2009.
Algebra and Geometry Seminar, An overview of canonical extensions of lattices, Laboratoire de Mathematiques Nicolas Oresme, Caen, France, January 27 2009.
Duality, Oratie, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmgen, NL, March 12 2009.
Leiden Mathematics Colloquium, Duality as a Rosetta Stone, Leiden University, Leiden, NL, April 2, 2009.
Van Melsen Prijs, Opening of ceremony, FNWI, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, NL, April 3, 2009.
Semantics Colloquium, Relational semantics for substructural logic, Nijmegen Center for Semantics, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, NL, May 12, 2009.
Mathematical Logic in the Netherlands 2009 (MLNL09), Organiser, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, NL, May 25-26 2009.
AAA78, Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra 78, Advances in topological duality theory, Bern, Switzerland, June 11-14, 2009.
Topology, Algebra, and Categories in Logics 2009 (TACL), Program Committee, Amsterdam, NL, July 7-11 2009.
Seventh Panhellenic Logic Symposium (PLS7), Invited talk, Patras, Greece, July 15-19 2009.
Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science 2009 (CALCO), Invited talk, Udine, Italy September 6-10 2009.
8th International Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic, and Computation, Tutorial on Logic, Tbilisi, Georgia, September 21-25, 2009.
Dagstuhl Seminar, Coalgebraic Logics, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, December 6-9, 2009.
MLNL 2010, 27-28 May 2010, Utrecht
DIAMANT/EIDMA Symposium Spring 2010, 27-28 May 2010, Nunspeet
Sˇminaire Complexitˇ, Logique et Informatique, Groupe de Logique, 1 june, Paris
Sˇminaire de lÕinstitut Gaspard-Monge, 22 juin, Marne-la-Vallˇe
ICALP 2010, July 5-10, 2010, Bordeaux
Tbilisi Topology Workshop 2010, June 8-10, 2010, Tbilisi
Logic Colloquium 2010, July 25-31, Paris
Categorical information flow in quantum physics and linguistics, 29-31 October 2010, CompLab, Oxford
Logique, catˇgories, sˇmantique, 12-13 November 2010, Bordeaux
DIAMANT/EIDMA Symposium, 25-26 November 2010, Lunteren
Workshop on Modal Logic and Stone Duality, 13 December 2010, ILLC, Amsterdam
PhDs in Logic III, 17-18 February 2011, Brussels
Workshop on Universal models, 24 February 2011, Amsterdam
Mathematics Colloquium, Korteweg-de Vries Institute, UvA, 20 April 2011, Amsterdam
Mathematical Logic in the Netherlands 2011 (MLNL11), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Groningen, NL, May 19-20 2011.
European Women in Mathematics Summer School, 6-10 June 2011, Leiden
Second International Conference in Order, Algebra and Logics, 6 - 10 June 2011, Krakow